Welcome to SOS Algarve Animals

If you have a place in your heart and home, why not adopt one of these abandoned animals and give them the life they deserve?

Please spend some time looking at the animals featured on this blog. If you would like to help by fostering an animal, volunteering at a local shelter, donating items such as old blankets, sheets and towels, please don't hesistate to contact SOS Algarve Animals - anything you can do will make a huge difference.

Friday, June 4, 2010

I rescued a human....

I rescued a human today....

Her eyes met mine as she walked down the corridor peering nervously into the kennels.
I felt her need instantly and i knew i had to help her.
I wagged my tail calmly so she wouldnt be afraid.

As she stopped at my kennel i blocked her view from the little accident i had just had in the back of my cage. I didnt want her to know that i hadn't been walked today. Sometimes the shelter keepers get too busy and i didn't want her to think poorly of them.

As she read my kennel card i hoped she wouldn't feel sad about my past. I only have the future to look forward to and i now want to make a difference in someones life. She got down on her knees and made little kissy sounds around me. I shoved my shoulder and the side of my head up against the bars to comfort her.

Gentle fingertips carressed my neck, she was desperate for companionship. A tear fell down her cheek and i raised my paw to assure her all would be well.

Soon my kennell door opened and her smile was so bright i instantly jumped into her arms. I would promise to keep her safe and always be by her side.
I would promise to do all i could to see that radient smile and the sparkle in her eyes.
I was so fortunate she came to my corridor. So many more humans haven't walked the corridors yet, so many more dogs to save one.

Atleast i was lucky enough to save MY human.

1 comment:

  1. This piece written by Janine Allen, Certified Professional Dog Trainer.
    Copyright Rescue Me Dog - a non-profit organization.
    Rescuemedog.org

    ReplyDelete